Thursday, February 14, 2013

This is where their story began

In January I signed up for the Press Your Luck challenge over at Colorful Creations. I used to love to watch that game show when I was a kid - hollering "No whammies! No whammies!" at the television.
 For the challenge they had a picture of a game board with the numbers 1 -20 on it and you had to be careful or you might pick a whammy. I picked the number 10 and boy did I hit the jackpot! My challenge was to use this beautiful sketch by Brenshevia.

And this is what I came up with:
Supplies used - Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye - Love Me Do collection, Cardstock - Close To My Heart - lagoon, Alphabet stamps - Close To My Heart - B1416 Keyboard Uppercase, Alphabet stickers - Close To My Heart - Houndstooth Irresistables, heart puch - Marvy Uchida
This photo is of Abby when she was in the 5th grade. She came home from school one day and showed me this picture of a rose. She told me that a boy at school had drawn it for her. Gotta love the fact that she really wasn't wanting me to take a picture of her with her first flower from a boy!  As it turns out that boy is now her husband! The journaling says:
He liked her in 4th grade.
He gave her this picture of a rose that he had drawn in 5th grade. (2001)
They "went out" for 2 days in 7th grade and they officially started "going out" in 9th grade and never looked back. - And the rest is history.
As with any relationship, they've had their ups and downs, but they have always found their way back to each other.
I guess I really should have added in that they got married on August 13, 2011!
What a fun, fitting story of true love for Valentines Day, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment