Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kits To Slash My Stash

Sketch N Scrap is turning one this month and they are celebrating with fun and prizes all month long. Their first challenge was to make your own scrapbook kit. I have also joined in My Scraps and More's  Slash Your Stash challenge this month and thought I might as well combine the two!

For May I have decided to use up the papers I have left from the Lime Twist collection from My Mind's Eye.

Since the "recipe" for the kit at Sketch N Scrap is to use 8 patterned papers, and I only had a few of the Lime Twist papers, I added in a few papers from some other My Mind's Eye collections. The recipe also called for  5 pieces of cardstock,  2 alphabets,  4-10 flowers - can be punched, handmade, store bought etc.,  2-3 sets of stickers (not letter),  Bling- pearls, rhinestones, stickles, glitter, sequins etc. ,  and 3 misc. embellies- i.e. doilies, journaling cards, chipboard, washi tape etc.

I also decided to make up a second kit using Echo Park's Note To Self collection. This is the collection that I had picked for April's Slash Your Stash challenge and I never got around to making anything with it. I haven't added in any flowers for this one, because I plan on making my own for this kit.

Now I have 2 scrapbook kits all made up and ready to go. I have been going through pictures and already have a few layouts in mind. It will be so great to use up some of my older product and to have a few new layouts to share!

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY kits! I may have to copy the Lime Twist one....as I have some of those exact papers left and not anything really to go with them from the original kit they came in! Thanks for playing along with me and stay tuned near the end of the month for another challenge involving the kit you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete