Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sketch N Scrap Twistback Thursday #7

Hello everyone! I hope that you are having a good day. Today is Twistback Thursday over on the Sketch N Scrap blog. Heather picked a sketch from October 2013 for us to work with and the twist is to use vintage/old photos.

Here is the sketch:
 
And my layout:
 


I don't have a lot of old photos of me as a kid handy, so when I saw the challenge was to use vintage/old photos, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. My sister had recently made a photo book, and I knew she had used these photos of our Mom and Dad, and I asked her for a copy. That was much quicker than me going to my other sister's house to go through all of our family albums. (Although I need to do that so I can get copies of the photos I want!)

These photos are of my Mom and Dad on their wedding day in 1960. I dug out some old My Mind's Eye papers that I thought fit the feel of vintage, and of course I had to use those black photo corners! I remember looking through Mom's old family photo albums when I was a kid, and that's how all of those old photos were attached.

Going through all of my old photos, looking for something that would work, I realized that I have so many photos from when my kiddos were little that I still need to scrap. I am in no way a chronological scrapper, I just scrap whatever pictures I feel like at the time, but I do want to start making an effort of getting more of my older photos scrapped. I don't want to forget anymore of these stories than I already have. So, for the next few months you may see current photos or photos from 10+ years ago - just whatever I am in the mood to scrap!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap and see the gorgeous layouts that the rest of the team have made. I hope that you will be inspired to play along with us. I would love to see your creations using the sketch and vintage/old photos.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel too guilty about not having many older photo's Lori - I don't have hardly any either! The MME papers have a perfect vintage feel to them and I love the bolder red to make all the colours stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lori this is such a cool layout and what sweet pictures of your parents. I too have come to find lost of old pictures of my kiddos that I feel the same way and make an effort to get those scrapped :) So fun that you and your sister have access to some wonderful family photos The sketch was great for this type of layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL layout and I just adore these sweet photos! Wish I had thought of the photo corners, they do bring back memories and are definitely vintage!!!

    ReplyDelete