Sunday, September 6, 2015

My Favorite Kind Of Day - Lasting Memories #258

Good Sunday morning! We are in the middle of a much needed long weekend here, and we are enjoying every minute of it. The boys have been in school for three and a half weeks now, and we were all ready for a little break!

At Lasting Memories this month we are all about the techniques and titles. This week's challenge we want to see distressing on your layout and for you to use a title that tells a story.

 

So, the photos on this are not the greatest, there's a glare in the left photo, and Ada is just a little blurry in the one on the right, but that's okay with me! I truly love that I get to spend every day during the week with this little girl. She is sure to always bring a smile to my face, and she is usually pretty willing to take a selfie or two with me! We have a lot of fun together.

For my distressing, I used my old Heidi Swapp edge distressing tool to rough up the edges of all of my patterned paper. I haven't done this technique in a while, and it was fun to rough up those papers.

Head on over to the Lasting Memories blog to see what the rest of the design team has done with this challenge. All of our challenges for September are open until the 29th. I hope you are inspired to play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! How lovely to watch Ada growing up and so quickly too! Much better to have you than a minder and you get to scrap all the photo's! Enjoy your weekend Lori. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than getting to hug a grand baby. Great pictures of you and Ada. The distressing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout Lori and it's always great to get some time with the grandbabies :) Yep my kind of day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious. I have that stamp set; haven't used it yet. I may have to get it inky soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable! What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is adorable!! LOVE those papers on the black background and what precious pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I love the picture and love how the title has little and big words. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori! I love how you used pictures that mean something to you and may not be the best pictures but simply perfect for you! Great title and I couldn't agree with you more that it is the simple things that make a day! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete