Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lasting Memories #263

Good Sunday morning! I hope you are having a great weekend and are making lots of memories! We have had a beautiful weekend so far. The sun is shining and there's a bit of a chill in the air - especially at night. That makes it a perfect time for a post about a hot drink!

This week's challenge over at Lasting Memories is just that. Scrap about a hot drink and the technique is to use a stencil on your layout.

Supplies used - Simple Stories Sweater Weather paper and ephemera pack,  Alphas - small letters - Basic Grey, corrugated alphas - Pebbles, Stencil - Studio Calico, Ink - Close To My Heart, Sequins.
 
I scrapped about my one hot drink love - hot chocolate! I am not a hot drink lover - even my coffee is iced - but when the cooler weather hits, I do like to have a hot chocolate - with lots of marshmallows - once in a while.
 
I tried my hand at sponging some ink on with my stencil. I don't have a lot of these types of stencils, so I was a bit limited with what I could do. At first I didn't think I was going to like it at all. In fact, I thought about tossing it out and starting completely over. I stuck with it and in the end I really like how it turned out. It may just be a recent favorite!
 
I used this sketch #451 from August 10 from the Scrapbook Challenges blog. I really liked all of the layers behind the photo.

SBC_Sketch451
 
Check out the Lasting Memories blog and see the other design team member's creations. I hope you find some time to play along with our challenges!
 
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Lori :) Just love that chevron heart too :) Looks like a cozy spot for a cup of Hot Chocolate :) with that sweater collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this sweet page, I love hot chocolate too but it's not good for the waistline! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you created this page about something you enjoy! All the elements are so warm and cozy and I love the softness of the sponged stenciling! Perfectly wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page and the knitted look paper is perfect with the hot chocolate. Great stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page!! Such a fun thing to scrap and your design is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete