Friday, June 17, 2016

Story Time - Sketches In Thyme #204

Hi, guys! Happy Friday! I can't believe it's the weekend already!

It's my day to be featured over on the Sketches In Thyme blog with my layout for sketch #204. This sketch is brought to us by the super talented, Brenshevia. I have been a fan of Brenshevia's sketches for a long time, so I was excited to get to work with this sketch.


supplies used - Patterned Papers and Cardstock - Close To My Heart, ink - Close To My Heart - sorbet and slate, Puffy stickers - pink hearts - Close To My Heart, white heart - EK Success, wood veneer pieces - Studio Calico, Stamps - "love this' - Kaisercraft - Shine Bright, Phrase stamps - "this moment" - Amy Tangerine roller stamp - Sealed, date/love, love, love - Amy Tangerine roller stamp - Today, Alphas - Thickers - Fun & Games.

I changed things up a bit with this sketch, but you can still see the basic design in my layout. The biggest change was using one photo instead of two, and making all of the layers behind the photo bigger.

I used the - oh so pretty - Zoe collection from Close To My Heart. I love these papers and hated to cut into them, but I am really trying to use the things I love instead of letting them sit in my stash forever.

I "smooshed" the background paper with Close To My Heart's sorbet ink, and used a doily in place of the messy circles in the upper left of the sketch. The "smooshing" warped my background paper just a bit, so I trimmed it down and matted it on another piece of cardstock.

This is one of my favorite photos of Abby and Ada. Abby had just gotten off of work and this was back when she still stayed with us one or two nights a week to cut down on her commute back and forth to work. Before they went to bed Abby would read  Ada a book. This was one of her favorites at the time - a Disney princess story book - Ada loved the pages that had Ariel on them, and I am pretty sure that Ariel is still her favorite princess a year and a half later!

Stop by Sketches In Thyme any day of the week to find more inspiration. This month Kim is offering up this prize for one lucky winner:



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a fantastic Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch Lori! The papers you used are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet snapshot and fabulous page. I'm going to have to go take a look at CTMH, I haven't kept up with them over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete