Monday, April 3, 2017

I {Heart} This - Soul Scrapper's Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone! I hope that you have had a good day. Mine was definitely a "Monday" and I am ready to move on to Tuesday!

I am popping in here to share a layout that I have made for the April sketch challenge at Soul Scrappers. Libby posted a fantastic sketch for us to work with, and here is my take on it.


I love this photo of my boys! This was from about 15 years ago - no date on the picture, so it's just a guess, but I'm pretty sure it's about that old. Most days for lunch they would want to have a picnic on the living room floor and watch cartoons - probably Blues Clues if I were to guess! I love to see Matthew loving on his baby brother - back when things were so much simpler!

I have a lot to say about this photo from so long ago, and I will hide that journaling on a card behind the photo, or on the back of the layout.

I used all scraps from Echo Park - with the exception of the yellow title block, I believe it is from a Shimelle line. I die cut a few stars and added in some acrylic stars, as well. I wish the acrylic stars were about half the thickness...they are so thick! I stamped some phrases from a few different roller stamps to add to it.

Check out Soul Scrappers and play along with our challenges! They have such a great variety - you are sure to find something you like!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo and love this design with the blocking! I do remember Blue Clues too! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great sketch. Adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout :) love the grid look and all thos3e fun patterns to go with a great picture :)

    ReplyDelete