Sunday, April 23, 2017

Lasting Memories #341 - Color Inspiration Challenge

Hello and Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a good weekend! We had a very dreary and cold day yesterday, but today is supposed to be sunny and in the 60's. That's more like it!

We have our last challenge of the month today over at Lasting Memories today. Our theme for April has been "Spring" and the final challenge of the month is a color inspiration challenge. Use these colors on your layout:



I thought the pinky colors had a purplish tint to them, so I went with purple and green to match my photo, and I really wanted to use the new Elle's Studio - "Live Laugh Love" - collection!

I cut the hearts out using a die from Lawn Fawn, and I outlined each one so they would stand out just a little better. I added the super cute puffy hearts, also from Elle's Studio. I splattered the background with a some green and purple paints. I also added in a couple of phrase stickers from Simple Stories "Carpe Diem" collection. The alphas are from Fancy Pants.

I based my layout off of this sketch from the April Lilli Shop:


I love this photo of Ada right after she woke up from a nap. She always woke up happy, that is when she ever took a nap!

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team. You have until April 28th to play along with our April challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'll be back soon with another project to share!

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the way you utilized the colors around that adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious LO, Lori! The hearts are perfect outlined like that, and there IS a purplish hue to that colour scheme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout for the sweet photo; I like the addition of the paint splatters.

    ReplyDelete