Monday, April 3, 2017

My Beautiful View - The Memory Nest Make It Monday #85

Hello, hello! Happy Monday! I hope that you had a good weekend and are ready for another week!

Today is Make It Monday at The Memory Nest, and Leslie has not one, but two, sketches for us to choose from. Your choice of using two photos or three photos.




I've had these photos of Ada on my pile of photos to scrap for a while now, and I thought they would work perfectly with the two photo sketch.

I used papers from Maggie Holmes' "Bloom" collection. I love the scalloped paper, and I just cut around one of the rows of scallops to make my scalloped edge. The embellishments are actually from the "Confetti" (?) sticker sheet, and the gold glitter heart is one that I had laying on my desk just waiting to be used.

I had to get creative with my letters for the word - beautiful. I didn't have an "e "or an "l",  but I made them work by cutting apart a "w" for the "e", and I think the "l" was made by cutting apart an "h". Always give those mostly used alpha sheets another look - you may be able to alter a letter for one that you are out of!

These photos of Ada are some that I took back last summer when we visited the park. It has a really pretty "duck" pond, and with it being in the photos behind Ada...well, I just had a beautiful view!

Head on over to The Memory Nest to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We would love to see you playing along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with the sketch and love the scalloped paper! Creative idea with the alphas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your pretty pinks and the beautiful scalloped paper is perfect for this sketch. Fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout and lovely the way the collection enhances the pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cheat with letters just the way you did, Lori! Great post explaining what you did. You can't even tell. Such a pretty LO, perfect for sweet Ada! We have a duck pond in our little town, too... are you surprised? LOL. That scalloped paper is perfect as is using the glittered heart from your desk. WTG as always! TYFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your multi level scallops--this is such a sweet page!

    ReplyDelete