Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sketch N Scrap #126

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you! I hope you have something fun planned for this weekend!

Here we are at April 1st already, and we have a fun new sketch for you today at Sketch N Scrap! Lisa has created a great sketch to get us started off right this month.



The photos I wanted to use were vertical instead of horizontal, and I had 3 photos that I really wanted to use. It all worked out since I printed 2 of the photos in the 3x4 size and put them side by side to make a 4x6.

For this layout I used papers from the Strawberry Edition Project Life papers. I found this paper pack at Tuesday Morning for $4.99 and the colors in it are perfect for my photos of Miss Ada! The little banner pieces were fussy cut from one of the patterned papers, and the train stamp is from an old Studio G $1 bin stamp set.

It's funny how the simplest of things - this toy train in this instance - can be so much fun for a little one! Every time Ada sees it she asks if I want to play "train" with her, and we can spend quite a bit of time winding it up, and letting it go! She likes to make a tunnel out of her legs for the little train to go through, and she likes to see who can make it go the farthest. So much fun!


One more thing before I go - Sketch N Scrap is getting ready to celebrate their 5th birthday in May! We will be celebrating all month long with 5 exclusive sketches, so be sure to mark your calendars for a month of fun!

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We hope you find some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you today!

9 comments:

  1. Love these papers how you made the sketch work with your photos! Just plain adorable! What a wonderful memory to preserve, kids find such joy in the simplest of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful take on that sketch, Lori! What a great find at Tuesday Morning with those pretty papers and I love the little train stamp too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable layout Lori...cute papers and photos! Love the little banner and all the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet page about a simple joy! The pink greens together are perfect! And I love Tuesday Morning too! They have such great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout Lori. Looking forward to working with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout - I just love your color combinations and such great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Lori! I LOVE those papers and that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, yes, with the kids, the SIMPLEST things are the best!
    What a sweet LO. I am in {love}with the little train stamp and that fussy-cut banner! The details make your LO shine and I adore that colour combo :) TYFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute LO! Love that you used 2 photos for the 4x6 spot! Love the photos, miss playing with trains with my kids...always a tunnel or bridge with our legs and arms.

    ReplyDelete