Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hello Summer - Make It Monday #92 At The Memory Nest

Hello, scrappy friends! Good Monday morning to you! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready to get this new week started!

It's Make It Monday at The Memory Nest today, and Leslie has created a fun, multi-photo, sketch for us to work with:


I love the "almost" 6x6 squares in the background of this sketch. It was the perfect time to pull out my new Echo Park - Summer Dreams - 6x6 paper pad and put it to work!



These aren't the best quality photos - the sun was really bright and behind us, so it made everything in the photo really dark, but you work with what you've got, and these photos are too cute to not scrap. (Plus, don't look nearly this dark in person!)

Miss Ada is quite the little fish! She loves spending time in the pool. She can't swim just yet, but she is getting really close! Her favorite thing to do in the pool is to have Pops throw her up in the air and catch her. That is until we got the deck built at the side of the pool. Now she can't get enough of jumping off of it, into Pops' arms! She will do this over and over and over until she just completely wears herself, and Pops out! Then she is done!

When I bought this 6x6 paper pad and a few sheets of 12x12, I didn't bother to get the ephemera pack. I'm not sure if there would have been anything in it that I could have used on this layout anyway, so all of my embellishments are made from the papers. I die cut the sun from a scrap from another Echo Park collection. I cut it out twice and added some foam tape in between the layer to pop it up a bit. I did the same thing with the cloud.

The ticket strips were cut from one of the 6x6 papers and I just punched a couple of circles and added them in behind the strips. I added a wood veneer heart to each of the clusters.

I haven't added any journaling yet. I'm debating on whether to make another page using more of the photos...it would be an easy add if I decide to add it to this layout.

Head on over to The Memory Nest to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love it if you played along with us this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on that sketch using your 6x6 paper pad, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Lori. Love how you used the 6x6 paper pad. Great embellishing too!

    ReplyDelete