Friday, July 14, 2017

Sketches In Thyme PL Style Sketch #78

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! We have made it to the weekend once again! We've experienced our hottest week of the summer this week and it looks like it may only get hotter next week! Looks like the perfect time to stay in the air conditioning and get some scrappin' done!

I am up today on the Sketches In Thyme PL Style blog with my take on Sketch #78. Here's a look at the sketch:



In keeping with my 4th of July theme this month, I have created a few more patriotic cards for Ada's 6x8 album. I am using Little Yellow Bicycle's "Just Because" 6x6 paper pad for these cards. I'm hoping I have enough of it to make all of the cards I need for Ada's album - I'm getting down to just having scraps left!

I also created a card using one of our sketches from April:




I never got the chance to play along with this sketch at the time, but I am so happy to use it now! I will either do a little journaling on the banner or maybe add a couple of word/phrase stickers to it when I see where's it's going to go in the album.

Here is the 3rd card that I created for this set:



Ada was getting over strep throat so her energy level wasn't quite back to normal yet. She would play for a little while, then she would get cranky and need to take a break!

I added a little bit of silver metallic thread behind the star in the upper right-hand corner. I love the way it turned out!


Here is a look at all of the cards together. Like I said in my last post - I'm not sure what cards will wind up together - I'll just have to see what looks best when I get them all done!


Be sure to check out the Sketches In Thyme PL Style blog for more inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope that you have a great day!





2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Thanks so much for making something so beautiful with my sketch ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The cards your created with the 4th of July theme are absolutely adorable! I love the creative way you used the sketches, and especially love the photo in your last card!

    ReplyDelete