Monday, July 17, 2017

Use Your Stuff #272 - Color Splash Challenge

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day! If you are looking for my reveal for The Memory Nest, please scroll down or go here.

We have a fun new challenge posted at Use Your Stuff today. Majo is hosting this week and she is challenging us to a color splash challenge! You can only use black and white plus one other color of your choice.

I chose to make a set of black and white project life style cards - with a splash of teal!


I used a Becky Higgins Project Life 6x6 paper pad called - "Confetti Edition" for my cards. I've wanted to try this color combo, or at least the black and white plus one other color, for a while, so this was a good time to try it out! Now I have a set of cards ready and waiting to be used!

Along with the Confetti edition paper pad, I have used stamps from a couple of different Elle's Studio stamp sets. Here is a closer look at each of the cards:


I made this card for a photo. I left the bottom of the circle free of adhesive so a photo can easily slip up under it. I will add some word/phrase stickers or some journaling along the border strip once I know what photos I will use.




I plan on using this card as a title card.


The heart paper on this card was all black and white. I colored in a few of the hearts with my Stampin' Up blender pen and some lagoon ink from Close To My Heart.  I added a phrase sticker across the middle of this heart that says - don't put off your happy life - pretty good advice, I say, and it matches the card above it, which says, "evidence of a happy life".

Be sure to stop by Use Your Stuff to see what splash of color the rest of the design team used on their projects. We would love it if you played along with us this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day!



2 comments:

  1. ooohhh...I just LOVE teal and I love your cards! Awesome work with the challenge, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lori, so, so cool! Love every speck of these cards. Colouring in the hearts on that last card was so clever. WTG! :)

    ReplyDelete