Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Caught Red-Handed - Soul Scrappers - Random Word Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you!

I am here today to share a layout that I made for the Random Word Challenge #16 over at Soul Scrappers. The letter for this month is "R" and our list of words that can be used is:
1. relax - relaxing
2. rascal
3. rowdy
4. red-handed
5. ravishing
6. ray of sunshine


I had found this old photo of Matthew when he was two and a half and in his naughty corner. It was called his naughty corner because when he got quiet and couldn't be found - he was usually behind the rocking chair doing naughty things - like using my sewing scissors to cut up the newspaper or his Curious George shirt because he "didn't like it". On this day he was caught red-handed using my scissors to cut up a newspaper. It's a wonder he didn't cut a finger off!

I almost always start my layouts with a sketch and I found this one that I had pinned from Stick It Down from a few months ago:


I liked the messiness behind the photo that was on the sketch and thought I would try and recreate it. I watered down some white acrylic paint, dabbed some wadded up plastic wrap in it and then applied it to my background. I then used some of the watered down paint for some splatters.


Here is a close up of it with the photo on top of the area:


Head on over to Soul Scrappers and check out the challenges! We would love to have you join us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment