Sunday, May 6, 2018

CKC May Mini Kit Reveal

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! Did you enjoy National Scrapbooking Day yesterday? There were so many fun challenges posted, it was hard to keep up!

Today is the mini kit reveal over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Since I knew I had a lot going on this month, I signed up to make a mini kit. Here's a look at the inspiration kit Leslie has chosen for us this month from Mind The Scrap.



As Leslie pointed out in the "Just The Gist Of It" post - the top row of papers in the photo above are very rich in color, while the bottom row of papers is more playful.

I have gone more with the bottom row for my mini kit:


Here's a look at the papers I picked. When I saw the black and white stripe floral paper I immediately thought of the pink and white floral stripe paper from Shimelle's - Little By Little - collection which I have in my stash and barely used! All of these papers are from that collection with the exception of the black and white dot paper, which is from Illustrated Faith's - CHRISTmas collection.


I probably could have stuck with just the stripe, the green, and the black and white, but I went ahead and pulled the circle paper and the paper with all of the hearts on it in case I wanted to fussy cut from them.


For my embellishments, I pulled some of the die cuts and the 6x6 paper pad from the Little By Little collection, along with the big Shimelle sticker book - just in case! I had some Heidi Swapp gold glitter tiny alpha stickers and some gold phrases that I also pulled.

Here is my layout of Miss Ada when she first came home from the hospital:


Here are a couple of close-ups of the title area and the embellishment cluster:




I didn't end up using any of the circle or heart paper on my layout, or too many of my embellishments, so I am hopeful that I will be able to make a few cards for her first-year project life style album made with what is left.

Be sure to stop by Counterfeit Kit Challenge to see the mini kit that Susan has put together based off of the inspiration kit. We would love to see your kit - whether it's a full kit or a mini kit, so be sure to link up!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!








2 comments:

  1. Pretty kit Lori and what a sweet layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause! Love how you made it yours & that you'll use the leftovers to continue in her book.

    ReplyDelete